Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Take Me Away On A Magic Carpet Ride

As I sit on my balcony in my Los Feliz townhouse, in my vintage fur coat and ornate jewelry blogging and pretending like I'm Carrie Bradshaw from Sex and the City, talking not so much about sex, but instead actually discovering voyages I would love to take. After reading some hit or miss websites to catch up on my fashion, beauty, and news around the world, I find France, Argentina, and India to be on my must see places before 30.

France
Sweep me away to France, on a nice escapade to view Louis Vuitton's exhibition of the evolution of the trunk, Voyage en Capitale: Louis Vuitton et Paris. From the 1800s to the present Louis still has it, all hail to Louis for still keeping us intrigued after all these years! Lola Saab from Lucire, put it so well once she said "a trend never dies, it simply fades away, awaiting its revival." So true.











Argentina
Buenos Aires you sound A-MAZ-ING from the description Lucire's writer Elyse Glickman has written about you by being a mix of "Old World Spain, Italy and France along with New World ideas". I mean how does that not sound like a perfect getaway! But also, hidden in the Andes lies Mendoza, which Glickman refers to as a small city that's all about "style, innovative cuisine with organic ingredients, ecotourism and ambiance"...uhh seriously did you just not get a FASHION ORGASM! Being that I love to dance from clubs, to festivals, to people playing music on the streets and beaches La Ventana sounds like a great place for a pit stop with its "classic and modern forms of tango, jazz and traditional Argentine folk music are preserved and performed". Not to mention Palermo Soho, which is said to be the hot spot for us fashionistas, shopping is my favorite sport and looks like I need to go here! Wine, great food, Art, and Shopping what more can a girl ask for? ... I think this is what AMORE feels like, but I won't entirely know until I visit. It's definitely a must!





























India
As I sit here reading articles, I decide to turn on my pandora and listen to some Indian music as I read about a not so well-known, but a total hot spot Kolkata, India to grasp a more fantastical image of the desirable place. I've always wanted to visit India, but especially now for its talked about textiles, great vegetarian food, bazaars, markets, stores, boutiques, Hindu Temples, and well-known dramatic gold and silver jewelery. For you food addicts out there, the poppin' dessert emporium Flury's to Halderam serves to the people who like authentic street food, the ones who have those sweet tooths, and the ones on the go needing a pick me up snack. Not only is this popular stand-alone food court a temple for India, but on a higher end they also provide restaurants with subtle flavors and low-fat cooking preparations such as, Oh! Calcutta and Sigree, which sounds ab-so-lute-ly delightful. Besides the food and the shopping, the ambiance reminds me of Quito, Ecuador and Zihuatenjo, Mexico with its colored buildings and houses surrounded by palm trees and plant life. However, once you get more downtown (residental areas) terraces and quaint cafes line the streets giving a more New Orleans feel.

2 comments:

Fashion Trend Guide said...

I'm lucky enough to have traveled to Buenos Aires, and although it's super crowded, it also stylish and beautiful. Food and cabs are inexpensive, although clothing isn't so much. Palermo Soho and Palermo Hollywood were my favorite places for independent boutiques and interior furnishings. It's such an amazing city for shopping!

S13FFF said...

OMG Seriously you just made me more jealous and now I just HAVE to g! SOundds amazing. Do you have any photos from your trip I want to see?!!!

Post a Comment